Manufacturing Day, Friday, October 6th, 2017Join thousands of manufacturers across the nation as they open their doors to show the public modern manufacturing in action and inspire the next generation of skilled workers.
We at the Springfield and Eugene Chambers of Commerce, and our partners, want to help get the word out about local manufacturing events during the Manufacturing Day season. Whether your company is hosting a company picnic, offering tours to High School Students, or other related events, we want to share your Manufacturing Day Story.
Need some ideas about what to do?
- Learn about the many event options available: www.mfgday.com/resources/host-resources/planning
- Register your manufacturing event here (www.mfgday.com/user/register), and don't forget to email your Chamber so that we can share your story! Paige, Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce: firstname.lastname@example.org / Joshua Monge, Eugene Chamber of Commerce: Joshuam@eugenechamber.com
- Are you interested in participating next year? Sign-up to participate in the 2018 Manufacturing Day Celebration.
October 6th – Manufacturing Day Student Tour
This year, regional partners including Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership (OMEP), Connected Lane County, Food and Beverage Strategist Micha Elconin, Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce, Eugene Chamber of Commerce, and others are coming together to offer 185 students from around the county an opportunity to tour food production and wood products manufacturing companies. The tours will expose student from across Lane County to the production processes, machines, and people that make some of the area’s finest products. Students will be onsite and will learn firsthand about manufacturing in Lane County, career opportunities, and desired skills.
- Euphoria Chocolate
- SnoTemp Cold Storage
- Murphy Company
- The Seneca Family of Companies
- October 6th: Eugene Chamber Young Professionals After Hours at Heritage
Join other young professionals from the area to network and see one of the area’s local beverage manufacturers. Learn about the process, see the production facility, and meet other Young Professionals.
- October 12th: Connected Lane County is organizing a countywide Career Expo event, which is scheduled to take place at the Lane County Fairgrounds. (This event is open to 8th and 9th graders.) This is an opportunity for students to learn more about employment with local companies in industries such as technology, manufacturing, financial, and healthcare. Students will also have the opportunity to learn about the post-secondary pathways to their chosen career, participate in a mock interview, and hear from a local skills panel. Every school district in Lane County will have access to spots for their students and will choose either a morning 9am - 1130am or 1230pm - 3pm time slot. As a reminder, this event is for 8th and 9th graders and will be an opportunity to explore a career (not find one).
- October 18th: Springfield Chamber Career Exploration at Lane Community College
Through Career Exploration, one of the Springfield Chamber’s #WORKREADY programs, employers can impart enthusiasm and understanding of their industry, identify skills and training required to fill jobs in their business, and improve upon and cultivate a local pool of highly qualified talent. Select 9th and 10th grade high school students interested in pursuing CTE (Career Technical Education) will have the opportunity to tour a Lane Community College Department of their choice. Students will then participate in candid round table discussions with knowledgeable business leaders to gain insight into the industry of their choosing. (http://business.springfield-chamber.org/events/details/career-exploration-8519)
- Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce: www.springfield-chamber.org/pages/manufacturing-day
- Eugene Chamber of Commerce: www.eugenechamber.com/economic-development.html
- Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership (OMEP): www.omep.org
- OMEP Manufacturing Day Site:www.omep.org/your-resources/manufacturing-day
- National Manufacturing Day Resource Page: www.mfgday.com/mfg-day-resources
- City of Springfield: www.ci.springfield.or.us/dept_cmo.htm
- City of Eugene: www.eugene-or.gov/812/Business-and-Economic-Development
- Business Oregon: www.oregon4biz.com
- Lane County: www.lanecounty.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=3585881&pageId=4081111
- Lance Community College: www.lanecc.edu/advtech/mfg
- Euphoria Chocolate: www.euphoriachocolate.com
- SnoTemp Cold Storage: www.snotemp.com
- Seneca: www.senecasawmill.com
- Murphy Company: www.murphyplywood.com
- Hexion: www.hexion.com
- The Seneca Family of Companies www.senecasawmill.com
- Twitter: @MfgDay, @SpfldChamber, @EugeneChamber,
- Hashtags: #MFGday17 #WORKREADY #SpringfieldOR #Eugene
About the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce
The Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce is comprised of 800 employers across Lane County who share a common interest in advancing economic development and prosperity for our region. The Chamber provides legislative advocacy, leadership development, networking, and business education programs, services, and resources to member organizations.
About Connected Lane County
Connected Lane County aims to increase the number of local high school graduates who are successful in higher education and life by creating a seamless and streamlined transition between early childhood, K-12 and higher education through partnerships and relationships with educational, community, and business partner organizations. (www.connectedlanecounty.org)
About the Eugene Chamber
The Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce a catalytic leader in creating a vibrant and diverse economy that drives economic opportunity and well-being in our region. The Chamber works with partners in business, government, and non-profit sectors to create an environment that improves the economic prosperity of our region. For more information, call 541-484-1314 or visit www.eugenechamber.com.
About Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership (OMEP)
OMEP exists to help Oregon manufacturers achieve permanent, long-term profitability. We work with owners, executives, managers, and operators to assess company needs and unleash growth potential in all areas of the business. (www.omep.orgber.com)
About Food and Beverage Strategist
Season to Taste Consulting is proud to be leading Lane Food and Beverage Sector Strategies (LFBSS). LFBSS works to solidify Lane County’s position as a hub for diverse food and beverage companies by coordinating collaborative development projects, promoting our products and values, and creating opportunities to share knowledge and resources. (www.laneworkforce.org/sector-strategies/food-and-beverage-sector-strategy)